Frank R. Snyder was probably the leading Oxford, Ohio, photographer during the early twentieth century. He also worked for Miami University during this period, taking many of the photographs that were used in University publications.
After his death in 1958, his son Frank King Snyder and daughter-in-law Lois gave the surviving collection of over 4000 Frank R. Snyder negatives to Miami University. In addition to providing a pictorial record of the community and citizens of Oxford, Ohio, the Snyder Collection chronicles buildings, organizations, students, and events at Miami University; Oxford College, which merged with Miami in 1928; and Western College, which merged with Miami in 1973.
The Collection spans the years from 1897 to 1955, with the bulk dating from between 1900 and 1930. The negatives, and the prints made from them, are currently housed at the Miami University Archives, located in the rear of Withrow Court.
Anyone interested in obtaining prints from the Collection should contact the University Archives either by phone, 513-529-6720, or by email at archives@MiamiOH.edu.